Sunday, November 21, 2010

Bad, Naughty Zoot

Last night we went out with friends to celebrate my husband's birthday. I did fine at dinner, kept myself in check. We were at a really great Thai restaurant and I kept my portions small and the food was totally worth it. I didn't eat out all week, and I've been keeping my calories lower in anticipation. After dinner we went bowling, and I had 2 beers. I wasn't tipsy or drunk at all. But we got home and busted into the leftovers from dinner at around midnight.

When I have alcohol, I just want to eat. I hardly have it anymore, just on special occasions on weekends, but I'm starting to think that alcohol for me is just a signal to cut loose with my eating. Any amount of it at all. For so long I ate more when I drank, I think that the connection is just still there. It's a bummer, because I love a glass of wine here and there, but I think that for now I have to keep my consumption - and the temptation - very low.

I'm not beating myself up over it. There's no point in that and it was one meal in a sterling week. But it's more that I let it happen. That's frustrating. I think I expect perfection, but that's not how I'm built. I just do the best I can and move on. So, off to the gym!

1 comment:

  1. Thin people indulge and then work it off.

    Or so I am told.

    Great attitude!

    ReplyDelete