Monday, October 11, 2010

I Never Did Mind The Little Things

Monday weigh in - 165.6

I had a great weekend, but sometimes having a great time is not conducive to eating well. I worked out a lot though, and I enjoyed the food I ate.

I'm mostly on the wagon these days. I've had 2 drinks on one weekend night for the past 2 weeks, and that's it. I'd like to eliminate those too, but I'm getting there. I don't want to waste the time that I have with the personal trainer. I want to make sure that I use that time wisely, and to do that I feel like I have to be sure I'm doing everything I can to eat better and make good choices.

Hubby and I have also started eating every meal at the dining room table. This seems like such a little thing, but I'm shocked at the difference it's making. Things certainly aren't perfect, but it's impressive how staying focused on my food can help me to eat significantly less. The whole thing started as a big fight about the TV. I have a total love/hate relationship with television, and in recent years it's really leaning closer to hate. It just doesn't hold my interest anymore. I can't really think of any shows I'm all that excited to watch. Okay, maybe Mad Men. That's pretty much it. Even my beloved SATC has been on hiatus around here. Hubby however, LOVES TV. So the whole thing is a bit of a tug of war, but we're working on it. One of the biggest issues for me in the past was just vegetating in front of the TV and mindlessly eating. It seems to really set off binges too. TV helps me ignore how I'm feeling so I can just eat and eat without even noticing. Very dangerous.

So I'm adding up all these useful behaviors and hoping that it shows up on the scale. It really does end up being about all those little things...

No comments:

Post a Comment