Saturday, December 4, 2010

The Other Shoe

Things are going so well right now. It actually seems like I know what I'm doing. But I have to say that in the back of my mind, I'm waiting for that other shoe to drop. Right now I'm seriously in the weight loss zone. I haven't had a binge in what feels like forever - probably 4 or 5 months. I'm eating my salads, fruit, lean protein. Skipping the cupcakes, cookies, ice cream. But I worry about what might set me off.
I've thought off and on about what's going to happen when I have a big life change in the future. Specifically if I change jobs or if we decide to have a baby. The last few times I put on weight were the result of big life changes - going to college and moving in with my boyfriend (now husband). I realize I'm getting ahead of myself, but I'm still worried about it. Changing jobs leads to big stress for me, which leads to pounds over time. Having a baby is a no brainer on weight gain. My worry isn't enough to prevent me from doing either of these things, but it's a concern. Having my eating and exercise habits down when life is easy doesn't seem like enough to keep me from gaining later. I'm still taking of the last pounds, but my mind is turning more and more to my maintinence plans. I really want to keep it ALL off.
Anyway, I'm one of those worry about the future types, and I need to focus on right now. It's the only moment that matters! Have a wonderful Saturday!

3 comments:

  1. You're last couple of sentences said it all. Focus on RIGHT NOW, not what might or might not happen a few months from now, or you'll just drive yourself batty. You've been doing great and you will continue to do great - I have no doubt in my mind about that. Live for today and tomorrow will take care of itself. *Hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to reiterate everything Stephanie said. In all honesty, i am a terrible worrier, and i always imagine the worst, so i sympathise with you.

    xx
    lesley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you're doing well right now so embrace it! You're kick ass now, so just keep going! No worrying! Just embrace the now! (like Stephanie said!)

    ReplyDelete